Most of us take water for granted. Consider this though; according to medical brains, when the water in your body is reduced by just 1 percent, you become thirsty. At 5 percent, muscle strength and endurance declines significantly and you become hot and sapped. When the loss reaches 10 percent, delirium and blurred vision occur. A 20 percent reduction results in death. This will take about 5 – 7 days. On the other hand, you can go weeks without food.
Did you know that a man’s body is about 60 percent water, and a woman’s is approximately 50 percent? For the human brain is about 75 percent water albeit plenty of this is lost every day through urination, sweating and breathing.
Little wonder, dehydration is one of the most common reasons that contribute to headaches.
Dehydration [excessive loss of fluid in the body] is the underlying cause of many chronic “diseases.” It is the prime cause of painful, degenerative diseases, including cancer.
Proper intake of water, on the other hand, can prevent these illnesses and even reverse the damage already done.
Points to note:
First of all; the human body needs a neutral Ph. 7 range in order to function well. Drinking enough water throughout the day helps maintain this balance.
- Water forms the basis of blood, digestive juices, urine and perspiration, and is contained in lean muscle, fat and bones. According to doctors, drinking a total of eight glasses of water a day fulfils the necessary requirement of this liquid in our bodies.
- It is a vital requirement for the effective functioning of the body organs; especially for the brain and the various tissues which are also mostly composed of water. In view of this, water can remarkably pick up our ability to think and makes us lively – water is necessary to prevent stress.
- Water has the ability to dilute the concentration of cancer-causing agents in the urine and reduce the time they take to come in contact with the bladder lining – drinking considerable amounts of water is likely to reduce the risks of bladder and colon cancer.
- Regular intake of water also increases the metabolic rate and improves the digestive system. And for someone suffering constipation, drinking a few more glasses of water will resolve it a great deal!
- Water combats skin disorders as well; such as eczema, psoriasis, dry skin, wrinkles and spots.
- It cleanses our bodies as it chucks out noxious wastes from our body contributing to a healthy quality of life. If our body lacks water then our heart has to make an extra effort to pump fresh oxygenated blood to our organs causing severe health issues.
- Drinking plenty of water helps fight against the flu and other ailments like kidney stones. Water, along with lemon or lemon juice is often used to overcome respiratory diseases, intestinal problems, rheumatism and arthritis. On the whole, water plays a fundamental role in strengthening your immune system.
- Finally water serves as a shock absorber inside the eyes, spinal cord and in the amniotic sac surrounding the fetus in pregnancy.
Drying out can be a major source of frustrating one’s health since many of the processes within the body rely significantly on water., Moreover the body can’t store enough of it to make up for losses. It’s therefore pretty apparent that drinking adequate volumes of water is just requisite for a healthy lifestyle. Water determines the effective functioning of the systems of the body and a body in good shape simply denotes a cheerful life!