Everyone likes to have a good smile. And that means nice, glistening teeth. Incidentally our teeth tend to get discolored because of the types of foods we eat, drinking coffee or tea and smoking.
At the same time, most remedies for whitening teeth can be such a drag. But there’s an alternative, and it’s the cause of this article.
If you ever think of brightening your teeth, you can always find help with any of these simple home natural remedies – you easily will give your teeth the shine and sparkle you desire;
- Banana Peel
Banana [especially yellow banana] is an amazing fruit. It’s filled with important minerals like Magnesium, Potassium and Manganese which help reduce the dirt and yellowness of your teeth.
- Take a banana and peel off its skin
- Take the inside of the peel [of this fruit] and rub it gently on your teeth
- The minerals in banana absorb in your teeth and whiten them with a great effect.
- Repeat this everyday for best results
Strawberries are very delicious with very many uses and one of them is that they are very effective in removing the tartar [hard substance that forms on the teeth]. The Vitamin C in it does the trick.
- Take two strawberries. Mash them up and apply the same on your teeth. It’s a bit difficult to do as strawberries are way too delicious to put in your mouth and not eat.
Lemons help get rid of the yellow discoloration because it contains certain bleaching properties. In fact, gargling with lemon juice and scrubbing your teeth with lemon peel is one of the best ways to make your teeth white again. This is one of the best ways to whiten teeth.
- Mix together a few drops of lemon juice with salt.
- Apply the mixture on the teeth and scrub with the paste all over your teeth and gums. Leave it on for some minutes and then flush your mouth thoroughly with water.
- Doing this twice a week you will have white teeth in just two weeks.
- Common Salt
It is one of the dental cleansing agents that is been used for ages. It helps regaining lost mineral content in the teeth and maintaining or restoring the white color.
Every morning, you are going to replace your toothpaste with the mixture of salt with charcoal and use it for brushing.
- Get a pinch of salt enough for you to brush (not too much) and mix it with charcoal in a powdered form and mix. Brush as you always do and rinse your mouth thoroughly.
- You can also mix common salt with baking soda and use it gently to rub the teeth and gums with it.
- Hydrogen Peroxide;Hydrogen peroxideis an antibacterial agent and works great as a total mouth and gum cleaner and keeps the mouth free of germs. A good oral mouth rinse can be made using hydrogen peroxide;
- Use half water and half hydrogen peroxide
- Swish around in your mouth for about one minute, and then rinse.
According to Dr. Axe, hydrogen peroxide keeps breath fresh by eliminating bad bacteria due to acting as a natural antiseptic/antibacterial agent.
Charcoal, according to Dr. Axe, is an absorbing product used to trap toxins inside the body; it can help whiten your teeth by absorbing plaque and microscopic tidbits that cause staining. To whiten your teeth naturally with charcoal;
- Wet a toothbrush and dip into powdered activated charcoal.
- Brush teeth as normal, paying special attention to areas showing the most staining.
- Sip a bit of water, swish through mouth thoroughly and spit.
- Rinse well, until spit is clear.
For best results, brush your teeth with activated charcoal two to three times per week
One thing to be aware of when it comes to whitening teeth is that certain natural whiteners can eradicate your enamel.
Some teeth whiteners are just not a good idea to use, especially lemon juice. While the lemon peels is actually a good & healthy way to whiten teeth, the juice itself is a bit too strong for your teeth. The acid in the lemon juice does a great work for bleaching clothes, hair and getting stains out of furniture.
The acid in the lemon creates tiny holes in your teeth, and then every kind of staining type of food will seep into those tiny holes and remain there, causing cavities.
To avoid overdoing teeth whitening, start gradually, only use a small amount of any [market] product, follow directions and pay attention to signs.