Ed Henry, one of Fox News top news anchors, has been sacked after the network received a complaint last week of sexual harassment from years ago, confirmed Fox News on Wednesday, July, 1, 2020.
“On Thursday, June 25, we received a complaint about Ed Henry from a former employee’s attorney involving willful sexual misconduct in the workplace years ago,” Fox News chief executive Suzanne Scott and President Jay Wallace wrote in an email to employees.
Scott and Wallace said that Henry was “suspended the same day and removed from his on-air responsibilities” while a third-party law firm investigated the matter.
“Based on investigative findings, Ed has been terminated,” they said.
Scott and Wallace said that “rotating anchors” will fill in for Henry, who served as co-anchor of the channel’s morning show “America’s Newsroom,” until a permanent replacement is named.
“Fox News Media strictly prohibits all forms of sexual harassment, misconduct, and discrimination,” Scott and Wallace said. “We will continue striving to maintain a safe and inclusive workplace for all employees.”
Henry did not immediately respond to requests for comment.